Education and Advocacy
Education and Advocacy
Education and advocacy are key to successful efforts to save energy, create renewable generation opportunities and ensure action on climate change. There is real power in people who understand the challenges we face and the opportunities at hand by moving away from expensive, dirty fossil fuels and towards a renewable, sustainable energy economy.
There are many great resources in the state, and around the world, that can assist local efforts in spreading awareness, inspiration and catalyzing engagement in community, state-level and national efforts to chart a homegrown, efficient, renewable energy future.
*We do our best to keep this updated, but please let us know if there is outdated information or new information we should have here. Many thanks!
- 10% Challenge Program
- 350 Vermont
- American Association for the Advancement of Science “What We Know” Initiative
- American Councile for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
- Association of VT Conservation Commissions
- Carbon Tracker Initiative
- Catamount Earth Institute
- Center for Climate Systems Research – A partnership between Columbia University and the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
- Citizen Works
- Climate Vision 2020
- Dr. Alan K. Betts
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- New Hampshire Sustainable Energy Association – Educate NH citizens, businesses, and organizations about sustainable energy and to advocate in NH for favorable sustainable energy policies
- New Hampshire Local Energy Solution – A hub of information and resources that promote local energy solutions in New Hampshire
educate NH citizens, businesses, and organizations about sustainable energy and to advocate in NH for favorable sustainable energy policies – See more at: http://www.nhsea.org/content/about-us#sthash.TK72ZeCu.dpuf
- NextGen Climate – bringing climate change to the forefront of America’s political dialogue
- Risky Business – Economic Risk to U.S. as a Result of Climate Change
- Snelling Center for Government
- Tar Sands: Crash Course
- The Rocky Mountain Institute
- U.S. National Climate Assessment – The most comprehensive report detailing climate change impacts in the United States. Also includes strategies for mitigation and adaptation.
- Vermont Conservation Voters
- Vermont Council on Rural Development
- Vermont Energy Education Program
- Vermont Environmental Consortium
- Vermont Interfaith Power & Light
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns
- Vermont Natural Resources Council
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group
- Vermont Sierra Club